"There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for"
Bookstores are very lonely places without people. It's been sad to show up each morning to a dark store and no one walking into the door at 9:00am. The phone rings, though, and for that I am grateful.
—J. R. R. Tolkein, The Two Towers
As we wander through this mess, I thought of some things that I am grateful for during this time of Stay-at-Home:
1. Island Books customers are incredibly loyal.
2. Mercer Island is an amazing community to be a part of — the love and support you have shown us will never be forgotten.
3. The Island Books team is phenomenal — thank you for your resilience and flexbility.
4. The gift of family time, family toasts, and family dinners.
6. Zoom Happy Hours with friends.
7. Netflix (mainly, Tiger King, All American, and Schitt's Creek)
8. Coming to the bookstore with my husband each day.
9. My kids are grown and not toddlers! I am in awe of so many that are home with little ones. I'd be drinking by noon!
10. Walks, even if it is only back and forth through the bookstore.
Be well, we miss you all and hope to see you soon!
P. S. Happiest birthday wishes, Liuci.