"Luckily, I always travel with a book, just in case I have to wait on line for Santa, or some such inconvenience."
November was an amazing month of celebrations. Thank you to everyone who took part in our 45 Days to 45 Years daily specials and to all our loyal customers for stopping in to share cake, champagne and community. It's been an extra special year of feeling the love and support from all of you.
Where did the year go? Once again, I've been making a list and checking it twice. Here is my list of Top 10 favorite Island Books-related moments this year:
10) Hearing our ads on KUOW, KEXP and now KCTS.
9) Hosting and passing out books at the Mercer Island Farmers Market Harvest Market.
8) As ever, an exuberant Independent Bookstore Day.
7) Chowing down at our weenie roast with the Seattle7Writers.
6) Hosting Kate McDermott for our Cookbook Book club.
5) A special Storybook Corner visit from Sparkle Leigh.
4) Partnering with KCTS to host Novels and Notables for the Great American Read.
3) Garth Stein asked us to be his bookstore for personalized copies this holiday.
2) Celebrating 45 years of community magic.
1) Receiving the Mercer Island Citizen of the Year Award and walking in the parade!
May the new year bring you all peace, love, and lots of joy. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and may it be a Happy New Year in 2019.