Our doors are now open! We are still open for business online and over email. We are offering curbside pick-up, delivery on Mercer Island, and free book shipping AS WELL AS in-store browsing!
Our requirements are that... you wear a mask, sanitize your hands as you walk in, and maintain social distancing.
The Island Books team appreciates the support of the Island Books community during this time of crisis. Island Books and all local businesses need your support more than ever. The small business landscape and ecosystem will be shaped for many years to come by the shopping decisions you make today...
At the same time, Island Books completely supports the social distancing and Stay-at-Home directives that have been communicated to our community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is serious folks. The health of our vulnerable family members, customers, supporters, and employees depends on our community adopting these measures. We also believe that the impact this crisis has on our local and national economy depends on people adopting and complying with these measures.
We believe that supporting Island Books and staying home are not mutually exclusive. We believe that people can do both. Here’s how people can support Island Books while still adopting and complying with social distancing measures.
- PURCHASE REMOTELY: We offer four options for you to make remote purchases…
- Email: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the preferred option because it allows some of our employees to work remotely (which is obviously important). It also allows us to manage the increased volume of email orders. Please DO NOT send credit card information by email. We’re also happy answer questions and make recommendations as we always have.
- Website: You can also order books through our website as you always have been able to. This is another preferred option because it allows some of our employees to work remotely and allows us to manage the volume of increased online orders.
- Email... to set up a personal shopping appointment: We are available to shop with you to help you select merchandise not available on our website. Please email us at email@example.com to set up a thirty-minute FaceTime or phone appointment between the hours of 11:00am-4:00pm.
- Phone: You can also call the store at 206-232-6920 and we will take your order, answer questions and make recommendations as we always have. While our doors are closed, our hours are restricted. We may take longer to answer the phone or not be available. We recommend you sending us an email if you get our voicemail.
- REMOTE DELIVERY: We offer three options for delivery and pickup of your purchase...
- Home delivery: We are happy to deliver your purchases to any address on Mercer Island. This is a service we have always offered but has become more utilized in the past few weeks. We encourage our customers to take advantage of this service.
- Curbside pickup: We will bring your purchases to your car. Simply place your order either by email (preferred) or by phone. We will let you know when your order is ready. You can pull into the Island Books parking lot and call the store (206-232-6920), and we will bring your purchase out to your car. Note: This option is not available during the Washington State Stay-at-Home order.
- Free shipping: We will ship your book purchase anywhere in the country free of charge. This is another service we have always offered. Like home delivery, we encourage our customers to take advantage of this service during the time of crisis.
We thank you for your support of Island Books AND ALL OTHER LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSES. Your support of Island Books not only supports a Mercer Island institution but also supports 6 employees and provides health insurance for some of those employees (which is obviously important in these times). It is our intention to continue to serve our community for many decades to come.
Stay well. We’ll get through this together.
— The Island Books Team